The artistic and religious heart of the city of Conegliano lies in its Cathedral, dedicated to Saints Maria Annunziata and Leonardo, whose frescoed façade overlooks Via XX Settembre, the ancient Contrada Granda. The construction of the church was begun by the members of a religious congregation (born in 1260 in Umbria and then spread throughout Italy), and completed in the 15th century, becoming the city's Cathedral only three centuries later. The true facade of the church is actually hidden behind that of the Sala dei Battuti, visible from the street, characterized by nine pointed arches and frescoes depicting scenes from the sacred scriptures, including: Esther supplicates Ahasuerus; David and the Ark of God; Rahab hides the Jewish explorers; the Madonna helps the ship in danger that carries the Beaten. The artist who painted the frescoes at the end of the 16th century was Ludovico Toeput, known as Pozzoserrato, a painter of Flemish origins who was very active in Veneto and in the Treviso area.
Inside, however, the building is divided into three naves, separated by two progressions of round arches, which have candelabra elements, partly integrated in modern times, in the intrados of the arches and in correspondence with the ceiling sails. . Inside are still preserved noteworthy works, including the altarpiece, depicting the "Madonna with Child and angels, including Saints John the Baptist, Nicholas, Catherine of Alexandria, Apollonia, Francesco and Pietro" , made by Giovanni Battista Cima da Conegliano in 1493.